Monday 24 November 2014

The games we play.



I plan on starting my son off with In Her Majesty's Name. It's a fairly straightforward set of rules and a lot of fun. Perfect, I think, for an 8 year-old boy to start off with. I also have a variety of companies ready to go thanks to Matt Slade of Glenbrook Games.



Matt is also doing some 7th Voyage casts for me so those will also feature later on.



And finally...I've recently picked up and started painting up some Fireforge figures. I'm new to this painting business but thanks to the wonders of dipping even my poor attempts look half decent. Once those are done I plan on getting some Gripping Beast Arabs for an opposing army and then hopefully we shall be playing some Lion Rampant (I've had a few games and really enjoyed them!).

2 comments:

  1. All great choices to get a youngsters imagination firing. You can also inflict Harryhausen movies on him! We are using Lion Rampant with our Lord of the Rings while we get our medievals sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Matt. He's already seen the old Sinbad films, Clash of the Titans and Jason and the Argonauts as well as some other great oldies like The Time Machine and She...and loved them. They still hold up well fifty odd years on!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.